So imagine this, your online shop has been performing well and the sales are rolling in. All of a sudden, you are asked to update your plugins and themes. After you run the update, NIGHTMARE! Your entire site is offline and completely inaccessible! That means every one of your visitors will be greeted with a critical error and you can’t make any money as the product, cart and checkout pages are completely gone!
Now for the good news. When a crisis like this rears its ugly head, we’re here to help. Here are 5 ways our automated backups can save your business:
- Investigation – Before we restore one of your backups, we’ll first check the ‘error logs’ to discover what’s gone wrong. The error logs are available behind the scenes and are a forensic way of checking what specifically has caused your site to crash. Chances are, a plugin or theme is causing a conflict, and rather than restore your site, we can instead disable the faulty issue and bring your site back online! In the event this doesn’t fix the issue, we can restore the website to any time in the last 30 days for you!
- Snapshots – Our WordPress hosting allows you to create one-off ‘snapshots’ of your entire website. So if you’re about to embark on a huge update, you can take a snapshot first, then if things do go awry, you can simply restore it from when you took your snapshot in a matter of minutes!
- Time is on your side – We take full site backups every day, for the last 30 days. So if you don’t check your website often, and for the last two weeks it’s been broken, we can restore it to any day in the last 30 days for you. Think of it as a time machine for your website.
- Where are my e-mails? – Don’t worry we’ve got you covered, our backups also include your e-mails. So if you accidentally delete your e-mail account, or delete an important e-mail, we can restore them for you from any time in the last 30 days.
- Peace of mind – With our 30-day backups, you can sleep easy knowing that your website and e-mails are with a trusted company and no matter what crisis happens, we can step in and do our best to fix it for you.